The Training and Recruiting Division shall:
- Establish rules, policies, qualifications, and standards for the employment, certification, and training of law enforcement officers and public safety telecommunicators.
- Research, develop, and provide basic and advanced courses of instruction.
- Ensure compliance with the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Board Rules.
This web site is provided as a service to the law enforcement agencies, officers, and citizens of New Mexico.
- Requirements for 2014-2015 are unchanged from the 2012-2013 requirements. Updated 10.29.7 NMAC to be posted
- Safe Pursuit Act
- Hate Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Ensuring Child Safety upon Parental Arrest
- Missing Persons / AMBER Alert
- Child Abuse
- Interaction with Persons with Mental Impairment
- Legal Update
- DWI/SFST Refresher Only required if LEO enforces DWI statutes
- Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Only required if LEO enforces OHV statutes
- Optional Biennium In-service Training Topics