Basic Bureau Vision Statement
The Basic Training Bureau is the vehicle through which those entering the profession of Law Enforcement are empowered and enabled to protect the citizens of the State of New Mexico and safeguard the stability of our society.
To this end, we look to the future, embracing new technologies, seeking best practices within the global law enforcement training community, and developing state of the art training in both content and methods of delivery. We set the bar high and expect those we are entrusted to train to strive to meet or exceed our high standards. We also set those standards for ourselves and expect no less of ourselves as we lead by example.
The Training and Recruiting Division shall:
- Establish rules, policies, qualifications, and standards for the employment, certification, and training of law enforcement officers and public safety telecommunicators.
- Research, develop, and provide basic and advanced courses of instruction.
- Ensure compliance with the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Board Rules.
This web site is provided as a service to the law enforcement agencies, officers, and citizens of New Mexico.
- Requirements for 2016-2017 are unchanged from the 2014-2015 requirements. Updated 10.29.7 NMAC to be posted
- Safe Pursuit Act
- Hate Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Ensuring Child Safety upon Parental Arrest
- Missing Persons / AMBER Alert
- Child Abuse
- Interaction with Persons with Mental Impairment
- Legal Update
- DWI/SFST Refresher Only required if LEO enforces DWI statutes
- Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Only required if LEO enforces OHV statutes
- Optional Biennium In-service Training Topics