2014 NMDPS Day / Night Qualification Courses
Day & Night Qualification courses have changed. Ensure your firearms instructors and range masters use these courses for reporting annual NMDPS Day & Night qualifications for certified officers:
- NMDPS Day Qualification Course
- NMDPS Day Qualification Course Administrative Guide
- NMDPS Night Qualification Course
- NMDPS Night Qualification Course Administrative Guide
New courses become mandatory July 1, 2014. You may use the old courses until July 1, 2014 or start the new courses immediately. Anyone who has completed their mandatory qualifications for 2014 prior to July 1, 2014 using the old courses need not re-qualify for the new 2014 courses. Anyone qualifying after July 1, 2014 must use the new courses.
The Training and Recruiting Division shall:
- Establish rules, policies, qualifications, and standards for the employment, certification, and training of law enforcement officers and public safety telecommunicators.
- Research, develop, and provide basic and advanced courses of instruction.
- Ensure compliance with the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Board Rules.
This web site is provided as a service to the law enforcement agencies, officers, and citizens of New Mexico.
- 2012-2013 Biennium Training Requirements 10.29.7.8 NMAC Revised 7-24-12. revisions effective 9-15-12
- Safe Pursuit Act
- Hate Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Ensuring Child Safety upon Parental Arrest
- Off Highway Vehicle (OHV)
- Missing Persons / AMBER Alert
- Child Abuse
- Interaction with Persons with Mental Impairment
- Legal Update
- Optional Biennium In-service Training Topics