2014 NMDPS Day / Night Qualification Courses
Day & Night Qualification courses have changed. Ensure your firearms instructors and range masters use these courses for reporting annual NMDPS Day & Night qualifications for certified officers:
- NMDPS Day Qualification Course
- NMDPS Day Qualification Course Administrative Guide
- NMDPS Night Qualification Course
- NMDPS Night Qualification Course Administrative Guide
New courses become mandatory December 1, 2014. You may use the old courses until December 1, 2014 or start the new courses immediately. Anyone who has completed their mandatory qualifications for 2014 prior to December 1, 2014 using the old courses need not re-qualify for the new 2014 courses. Anyone qualifying after December 1, 2014 must use the new courses.
The Training and Recruiting Division shall:
- Establish rules, policies, qualifications, and standards for the employment, certification, and training of law enforcement officers and public safety telecommunicators.
- Research, develop, and provide basic and advanced courses of instruction.
- Ensure compliance with the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Board Rules.
This web site is provided as a service to the law enforcement agencies, officers, and citizens of New Mexico.
- Requirements for 2014-2015 are unchanged from the 2012-2013 requirements. Updated 10.29.7 NMAC to be posted
- Safe Pursuit Act
- Hate Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Ensuring Child Safety upon Parental Arrest
- Missing Persons / AMBER Alert
- Child Abuse
- Interaction with Persons with Mental Impairment
- Legal Update
- DWI/SFST Refresher Only required if LEO enforces DWI statutes
- Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Only required if LEO enforces OHV statutes
- Optional Biennium In-service Training Topics