NMDPS Day / Night Qualification Courses
Day & Night Qualification courses were changed by the NMLEA Board at the September 3, 2014 Board meeting in Ruidoso. The Board ruled the qualification courses would immediately return to the previous courses for day and night qualifications. The minimum qualification score was reset to 80% and the head shot scoring area was returned to the “scuba mask” area rather than the “credit card” area.
Agencies which used the previously published “New” courses for their 2014 annual qualifications will not be required to re-qualify on the courses adopted by the Board on September 3, 2014.
For your convenience the qualification courses adopted by the NMLEA Board are available to download from the following links:
If you would like to review the Board’s discussion on the adoption of the firearms qualification scores, the Board meeting minutes are available to download from the following link:
The Training and Recruiting Division shall:
- Establish rules, policies, qualifications, and standards for the employment, certification, and training of law enforcement officers and public safety telecommunicators.
- Research, develop, and provide basic and advanced courses of instruction.
- Ensure compliance with the New Mexico Law Enforcement Academy Board Rules.
This web site is provided as a service to the law enforcement agencies, officers, and citizens of New Mexico.
- Requirements for 2014-2015 are unchanged from the 2012-2013 requirements. Updated 10.29.7 NMAC to be posted
- Safe Pursuit Act
- Hate Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Ensuring Child Safety upon Parental Arrest
- Missing Persons / AMBER Alert
- Child Abuse
- Interaction with Persons with Mental Impairment
- Legal Update
- DWI/SFST Refresher Only required if LEO enforces DWI statutes
- Off Highway Vehicle (OHV) Only required if LEO enforces OHV statutes
- Optional Biennium In-service Training Topics